Last weekend me and my husband Robert decided to prepare a full 2 course meal for our family of 4. Traditional and standard;) Polish dinner on Sunday is a rich broth and Kotlety schabowe: Polish breaded pork cutlets. They can be compared to Austrian Wiener Schnitzel, but does not have to be prepared from veal.
We went to the local market where you can get vegetables and meat directly from farmers.
I prepared pork chops, Robert prepared rosół – rich chicken broth- check it here: http://cookinpolish.com/polish-broth-chicken-soup/
- pork loin chops
- an onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- flour for tossing
- salt and pepper
- Place pork loins chops in the milk and add onion feathers. Cover with a foil and let the flavors mix for few hours or even the whole night in the fridge.
- Thin the chops by pounding, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss cutlets in flour, then in beaten eggs and at the end in breadcrumbs and put them to fry on hot oil.
- Fry for few minutes on each side.
- Serve with potatoes or mashed potatoes and favorite salad.
Polish breaded pork cutlets – schabowe are a staple on Polish table. Try my recipe for best flavor:)
Comment on the post if you have questions, other ideas on the recipe or just enjoyed reading. I would be happy to see your thoughts on my posts!
Thanks for liking and sharing my recipes to your friends – it helps to develop my blog!