Baked beetroot cream soup is one of my favorite soups from childhood. Made from baked beets with caramelized onion, naturally sweat – this is what comfort food means to me:)
- 5 large beets
- 2 medium onions
- 2 l/4 pints chicken/vegetable stock
- 0,75 l/3 cups beets sourdough (Recipe, it’s optional, but makes a difference:))
- 0,25 l/ 1 cup sweet cream
- Covered beets with aluminum foil and bake them for 1-1,5 hours in 180 Celsius/356 F. Cut them and put to the pot.
- Fry chopped onions and add to beets. Use butter for an extra kick:)
- Add some stock and blend vegetables until smooth, add the rest of the stock.
- Cook slowly until boiled. Add sourdough and cook for 7 more minutes.
- Serve with sweet cream. Enjoy!
I cooked a big pot of baked beetroot cream soup, so some of it I prepared for lunch at work. When the soup was boiling I put it to the jars close them and put upside down for cool down. This is going to be a nice week at work:)
Comment on the post if you have questions, other ideas on the recipe or just enjoyed reading. I would be happy to see your thoughts on my posts!
Thanks for liking and sharing my recipes to your friends – it helps to develop my blog!